Random acts of kindness — very easy to say but not easily practiced. How often do you give thanks for everything? Are you grateful and generous? Do you give freely without expecting anything in return? Questions only you can answer.
Here, then, are 10 quotes on the three Gs: Giving, Generosity and Gratitude.
- “If you get, give, if you learn, teach.” – Maya Angelou
- “When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.” – The Dalai Lama
- “No woman can control her destiny if she doesn’t give to herself as much as she gives of herself.” – Suze Orman
- “Kindness in words create confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
- In this world, it is not what we take up, but what we give up that makes us rich.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The Buddha taught that anyone who experiences the delight of being truly generous will never want to eat another meal without sharing it.” – Martha Beck
- “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” – Elie Wiesel
- “Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “It is not what we give but what we share, for the gift without the giver is bare.” – James Russell Cowell
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” – St. Francis of Ascisi
There is nothing more rewarding than giving, being generous and having gratitude.
Gratitude – give thanks everyday for everything you have.
Giving – How about giving someone a SMILE as you pass them on the street. You might actually brighten their day. Say thank you, give someone a compliment. Try it — I promise you, it won’t hurt! 😉
Generosity – It doesn’t have to be monetary, it could simply be your time. Volunteer at a shelter, help out a friend in need — It’s the little things that make a difference.
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Until tomorrow… Peace & Love xoxo